Gujarat’s Tallest Green Commercial Hub
Overview of a Green Building
Life Cycle of a Green Building
Technology to reduce Material Input per Unit of Service (MIPS), Reduce your ecological footprint
Reduced unwanted heat gain/loss, Pay less for power consumed in Climate control
Reduced power consumption on artificial illumination, Pay less for power consumed in lighting
Rainwater Harvesting, Pay less for power consumption in water pumping
Treat and reuse of Gray water, Pay less for non drinking water consumption
Reduced garbage disposal, Pay less for handling and clean up
Benefits of a Green Building
Reduced operating costs
Energy savings: 20 –30 %
Water savings: 40 –50 %
Reduced impact on the environment
Enhanced occupant comfort, safety and health
Improved Productivity of occupants
Low VOC material is used in the common lobby areas
Rain Water Harvesting ,Water Efficient Fixtures, Water Metering
Zero use of CFC based refrigerants in building HVAC system
1st building to provide Treated Fresh Air
Sewage Treatment Plant – Use of Recycle water in the flushing, Landscaping
Walling Material : Recycle material (Fly Ash Bricks), Frame Structure – RCC, Double Glazed Glass with Aluminum Window
IBMS ( Integrated Building Management System)
Before You begain your interiors
- Submit Interior, Fire system, Plumbing and Electrical plans to SIPL for approval.
- Obtain approval of HVAC plans from SIPL designated consultant.
- Read and sign all attached sheets and agree to abide by the rules.
- Obtain ‘Interior Commencement Permission’ from SIPL.
- Allow periodic inspection by SIPL team.
Air Handling Unit(AHU)
- An acoustic and insulated Trapdoor must be provided below the AHU and BTU meter in the ceiling
- Do not remove or displace the AHU installed by savvy
- The supply duct of AHU must be acoustic and thermally insulated
- The distance between supply grill and return grill must be 1 meter at least
- Manual or Automatic dampers should be provided in the cabins to reduce circulation in unoccupied areas
- Self closing glass doors should be provided at the main entrance of the office for better cooling
- Electronic equipment like printer, scanner ( heat generating equipment ) etc. should not be near thermostat
- BTU meter and 2-way valve should not be tempered with or damaged
- TFA duct should be kept open under the ceiling
- TFA should not have damper and should not be closed
HVAC Billing Process
It include common area air- conditioning:
- AMC of central chilling system
- Salary and wages of operators
- Exhaust fans.
This will be charged on the basis of office area
Operating cost : Standard Hours
It will be metered with the BTU meter reading installed in each offices and charged on the basis of:
Actual usage for standard operating hours : 9 AM to 9 PM
Operating cost : Odd hours
It will be metered and charged on the basis of :
- Actual usage during odd operating hours : 9 PM to 9 AM It will be higher than the standard working hour charges.
- As the demand will be low during these hours
- Reduction if the demand during these hours increases.
In case of any technical problem in billing, the decision of Sr. MEP engineer would be final and binding to all.
Hexa is a green building - the air - condition system supplies treated fresh air to each office which improves indoor air quality resulting in better health of occupants and better productivity of employees.
- Exhaust Grill Must be Provided in Toilet Door (min. size 6” x 6”)
- Exhaust provided in the toilets should not be removed. In case of extension of toilets, exhaust line for the AHU must be extended and proper waterproofing should be done
- Please ensure grey water line marked in Green is connected for Flushing and Domestic line is connected for other domestic purposes
- Make sure not to use Flush or Push Cock for Flushing, and the flush tank must be retained
- Please use UPVC or CPVC pipe for Alteration. Also, check diameter of pipe should not be more than vertical pipe line
- Please make sure to provide cleaning point in the drainage line
- Please do not drill in Toilet wall
Fire Safety System, Lighting & Exhaust
Effective safety system
- Trapdoor should be provided below fire sprinkler main valve in the ceiling
- Sprinkler Main valve in your office must not be closed
- All sprinklers must be below the ceiling level visible from below
- Use Flexible Sprinkler line if you want to change the location of Sprinkler
Reduced power bills for lighting
- CFL, LED lights to be used for better performance of HVAC system. Halogen lights are prohibited
Emission control & Waste heat control
- No additional exhaust load to be connected in the existing exhaust duct like chimney, kitchen equipment, etc. which exhausts hot air. In this case it is recommended to install exhaust fan with carbon filter